That means you get to enjoy my brief point form once again.
- I don’t think I mentioned that for the last days of July and early August we have a special house guest? That’s right our grand-dog Lucy was with us. She is a pretty easy guest, and I love having her.
- As the August long weekend approached we decided we would go camping. We made reservations at North Buck Lake, but as the weekend approached didn’t really feel like going there. We had decided in time to get a refund, so I phoned a few places and we lucked out by finding sites at Lessard Lake, a county campground and less than an hour from us! We also decide not to take the boat, as it is parked at the Stecyk land and only about 20 minutes form the lake if we wanted it. That was a good decision, as there was no boat launch. LOL Phil and Amanda joined us, and although it was our first time meeting Amanda, I felt an instant bond, and we had such a great weekend! We took in the Alberta Beach market, spent a day quadding and even had time to take the boat around Lac St Anne.
- The next week we had the Cameron kids for a two night sleepover. We spent the first day lazing at the Stony Plain Outdoor pool, then the second day on the boat at Lac St Anne. Love anytime the kids are at our place!
- My next week was busy as I helped prepare for the Cowboy Gathering. It was my first year of volunteering at the event, and I enjoyed it so much!
- Although the festival didn’t end until Sunday afternoon, that morning we once again headed out in the trailer to Long Lake Provincial Park with Lindsay and the boys. What a great time we had!! We went tubing every morning and afternoon, including me. It was funny because when the boys got tired of “grandma speed” on the tube, they stopped and asked for their mom to ride instead! But since I don’t swim and am somewhat terrified of the water, I was impressed with myself.
- We had some work commitments as always mixed in with those days:)
- The last Wednesday of the month, Tracy joined Lindsay at her house and they did a big cook prep for the upcoming month of back to school. Normally I would participate, but this time instead, Don and I took the kids to Allstars playgym and then lunch. The perfect way to end August – time with the grandkids before we leave on our annual September trek!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.