December was full of what are normal things for us, watching hockey, ringette, swimming and now basketball will enter the equation.
I had a few Christmas parties to attend or plan. KidSport, Co-op, and then our own. This year rather than a hard core all nighter DWS party, we decided to try a late afternoon open hose with friends as well. We both thoroughly enjoyed it, and as much as people lingered for long times, it felt like we had more visiting time as well. Everyone seemed to like the new format so I think we will keep it!
Other than Christmas day itself though our favorite December activity is Santa by Appointment at West Edmonton Mall. This is the greatest opportunity for the kids to see Santa, we get the perfect Christmas photo of them, and it's scheduled so no waiting in line, etc.
I am getting so behind on the blog I am going to list December
- Another eye appointment for me - hopefully we start seeing so much progress that I can find a final treatment date
- Games night for me with some new friends I met while working the federal election
- Reese's Christmas concert - SO CUTE!
- Mayor's Christmas Reception
- Making and bottling DAM Fine Moonshine
- KidSport Christmas Party
- Wine Night Ladies Christmas Party
- Blake's Chritmas Band Concert
- Mason and Connor's Christmas Concert
Christmas Eve with the Marshalls
AND - we decided to visit Tisdale for the New Year season - more to follow on that!