Well of course we are not just sitting at home, but you would think I could get more writing done?
Of course all the usual has happened - a bit of work for both of us, Co-op meetings for me, etc. In May I forgot to tell you that Ron and Bev stopped in for a few days after the long weekend, and we had our usual shenanigans of eating, shopping and drinking, not necessarily in that order.
I think I will supply the highlights this time...
- The first event in June was the annual Farmer's Day Parade, which I attended with the Stecyks. I think the boys got just enough candy to get them through a week or two!
- Don and I decided to take a drive to our favorite restaurant in Jasper for lunch and a beer. The weather was perfect - a little cool but sunny, and of course the views never disappoint.
- North Central Co-op and the Edmonton Valley Zoo have started a program that is a wonderful family venture - Zoo Night for staff and Board. We attended last year, and since the Zoo is a favorite place, I was easily able to convince them to come with me again. Don and Blake joined us for dinner before heading to lacrosse, so it was just myself with Emerson, Reese, Connor and Mason. We had a blast and are so thankful to the organization for sponsoring this event. I would say Lucy the elephant and ice cream made the day!
- Connor and Mason had their last ball games and although we haven't made it to all of them, we went to this one and had ice cream after. A great year for Connor and Maosn's first year was so cute to watch!
- I volunteered at the annual KidSport Parkland Golf Tournament. Sometimes we are away during this event, but if we aren't I like to attend. I founded KidSport Parkland in the early 2000's, and it is a cause dear to me, so although not an official executive member, they call on me at times, for which I am grateful.
- Now this happened - we had solar installed on the trailer! We have been using solar and boondocking for quite a few years, and it was time to make a bigger commitment and install a permanent panel. After a LOT of research we selected CBI Solar out of Red Deer. I will tell you, it has been a long time since we visited a business that showed such passion for their product and professionalism in their service and overall business. We highly recommend them to anyone considering solar, whether house or RV or even cabin at the lake.
- Next up was our annual fishing trip with the Scotts. This year we made our way back to Calling Lake in search of the perfect Walleye. With the hot weather and those fish biting, it was a success. And of course always a fun time with them!
- We made it home just in time to attend both Emerson and Reese's music recitals!
- The Stecyks invited us to Family Day at Northlands and it was a blast. Besides getting some bets in, we watched the dogs race, which is hilarious, not competitive, and a great event. Keep it in mind - no admission and tons of things to do!
- June finished with a camping trip to Cross Lake with the Camerons. Although the weather was warm, the wind was not conducive to a lot of tubing, but we made it out often enough to somewhat satisfy the water babies. LOL
These photos should be in order of what I described. If they aren't oh well.