- We headed home on Monday to do laundry, replenish water and groceries, then early Tuesday morning we headed in the opposite direction to meet up with the Stecyks at Crimson Lake for a few nights. We had pretty good weather, and although the lake is too shallow for tubing, we even tried our hand at fishing. The beach there is wonderful for hanging out on as well. We even took time to drive to the Bearberry Saloon for lunch one day.
- We had been planning a trip to Saskatchewan mid month, but our plans changed when a very dear friend’s mom passed away. So we left Crimson Lake, went home and re-packed, and headed to Tisdale for the funeral and some family time. Of course it’s always sad to say a final goodbye to someone, but we did appreciate seeing old friends and having some quality time with the Edmunds families.
- On July 12 I picked up all the grandkids and we had a day our at Jurassic Forest. Well in fact it was a morning out, but everyone enjoyed themselves! The dinosaurs are a big hit with everyone, but all the bug and bird displays were a bit tiresome. It is not a place you need a day to walk through, so we also took time for treats and a park play!
- We couldn’t decide what to do about Blake’s Lacrosse provincials in Calgary, but I really wanted to go. So although we missed the Friday game, we did decide to take in Saturday evening and Sunday games. They came home with a Silver medal and we were so proud we could be there.
- As you know we had solar installed on the trailer, and we have been anxious to put it to the test, so on July 24 we headed out to Abraham Lake to do just that! Don and I did some hiking, and our friend Ivan amazingly enough was in the area (he never stays home) so he also joined us. We relaxed and spent some time concentrating on beverages and solving the world’s problems.
- Ron and Bev surprised us with a visit the last week of the month, and we had a blast! We are so fortunate to have them in our life, and whenever we visit we sure do enjoy ourselves!
- The rest of our July days were spent visiting friends, eating out and hanging with the kids – in other words PERFECT!
Our Travel Blog
- Don and Donna
- Driving Miss Donna - what does this mean? Whenever I want to go somewhere, if Don is home he will usually drive. He always says he is driving miss Donna! This blog is for our travels, usually with our truck and fifth wheel trailer, but sometimes in our other wheels. When we are not vacationing check in for updates, although less frequent, about our life at home and our wonderful family:)
Thursday, August 2, 2018
June and July Mixed Together Part 2
Well this barely qualifies as June, but here is the finishing post. We left off with a camping trip on the long weekend with the Camerons…