Well we have learned again that the consistent factor of wireless in the North is the inconsistency! Sorry we haven't posted much, but tonight we are in a nice comfy site with great connection.
Here are 10 top things you need to know about travelling north:
1. BUGS - Total bites on Donna's left foot in one evening, with bug spray: 13
total bites on Donna's right foot, same evening, more spray: 11
2. BUMPY ROADS - Have you travelled to northern Saskatchewan or Alberta? Good - you will still be surprised. Have you ever driven a Bronco with broken springs up a hill in Jasper? Good - you will still be surprised!
3. FRIENDLY PEOPLE - Everyone will stop for a visit or a chat. You will make some great friends - like our Carl and Carol Anne. I have to say though that those who choose to live here are sometimes a bit out of the ordinary:)
4. MOUNTAINS - No one can describe the majestic beauty of these mountains. Most of our pictures don't do them justice. The days have been hot and hence muggy, or rainy and blurry, or smoked in form forest fires. BUT they are incredible. I said like Jasper, but more than that. We have been driving in these mountains for 1500 km and you see them always, everywhere.
5. YUKON - This place gets overlooked. Everyone says go to Alaska, but just like life it's the journey, not just the destination. The Yukon is very beautiful.
6. SUNSHINE - Or daylight hours. Think about it. People say 19 hours of daylight and you think oh ya, BUT really. It is 10:30 pm here as I write this and I can see the sun, just going down at about 11:00 on a clock. Beautiful!
7. DISTANCE - This really is the trip of a lifetime. It is so far. We have been driving for 6 days and are now in Anchorage. Long ways!
8. WATER - I am a Pisces and there are ocean spots - so I love that!
9. SCENERY - I talked about the mountains but the pristine lakes and glaciers, amongst other things are beautiful.
10. WILDLIFE - So far we have seen moose, buffalo, bison, swans, bald eagles, sheep, salmon, brown bears, black bears, elk, deer...
The trip is fantastic and we are having loads of fun with Paul and Mary. Since my last post we have been in Haines Junction, Skagway and Haines, Tok an dnow Anchorage.
I have so many pictures to post but tonight the internet is not cooperating and they will not load. I will try to post them on my facebook for now, so check that out if you have my page.
Talk to you in a couple of days!
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.