November ended with the delivery of the first Christmas Boxes to the kids. This started during Covid and I can't seem to end what is now a tradition. Based on the example of all the subscription boxes out there I started the boxes as a way to get the little pre Christmas items to the kids. There are 2 boxes over the season, one on November 30 and the other around December 15. They include items like Christmas ornaments, homemade cookie decorating kits, pjs, games, gift cards, gingerbread houses, etc.
December was filled with all things friend and family! And somehow we found time to decorate, cook and bake! Thanks to Don:)
- We had an Aggregate party to attend mid December at Bruce and Kerri's. We have hosted this party for years and now that Don's company has closed, Bruce, who still works in aggregates, is hosting it
- Ron and Bev had a one night layover in Edmonton on their way home form Phoenix, so we enjoyed an evening out with them
- I attended Connor and Mason's Christmas Concert
- We took both families for the traditional buy your parents a Christmas gift
- We attended MANY ringette and hockey games!
- I went out of town overnight for a co-op meeting
- Don and I went to Tisdale and hosted a catered Christmas dinner for mom and his siblings. This is the second year we have done this and it is quite nice. Mom's building has a space we can set up a table to eat, and we stay there in a rental suite when we visit. This is one of the few times I wished we lived close like the other siblings so we could cook a real family meal and have everyone over like mom did when we were all raising our kids. Those are sure great memories!
- Don drove me back to Saskatoon for my December co-op meetings and then back to Tisdale for a few days. When he came back to Saskatoon we had a great evening visiting with my Uncle Mike and Aunt Doreen who recently moved to a condo in Saskatoon.